Hiring: Elections and Engagement Organizer
Hours: full-time, nine-month contract March-November 2019
Wage: $37,500 for the nine months ($50,000/year, prorated)
GreenPAC is a non-partisan, non-profit organization working to elect and support environmental leaders running for office. We work to build leadership in major political parties, and have run successful endorsement campaigns in the Federal (2015), Manitoba (2016), B.C. (2017) and Ontario (2018) elections. We will be running a campaign in the Federal 2019 election that will be supported by 100 locally-run, strictly non-partisan candidates’ debates on the environment across the country. Some travel required for this position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Elections and Engagement Organizer will oversee planning and implementation of local candidates debates by:
- Developing and managing partnerships with local groups
- Creating an online resource portal for local groups
- Coordinating social media and other outreach
- Managing a team of interns and volunteers
- Other project-related responsibilities
- Organizing experience with community groups, election work, or civil society movements
- Managing and supporting multiple volunteers
- Familiarity with online technology, especially for online resources and organizing
- Managing multiple, changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Strong database use and management skills
- Interpersonal abilities and enjoyment of working with people
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in technology (Windows Office Suite, Nation Builder)
- Knowledge of and interest in politics and non-partisanship; passion for addressing environmental issues
- Ability to speak French a strong asset
- Knowledge, training, experience, or personal strength in: leadership, campaigning, elections, and small not-for-profit work
GreenPAC supports and encourages diversity and equity, and we are striving to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or identity. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to info@GreenPAC.ca by 5pm on Thursday, March 7th. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. We aim to make a hiring decision by mid-March, with the position starting shortly thereafter.
Do you like this page?